From: Joel on
Just curious about what everyone uses. I've been using Orcad PCB editor.
From: Ray Haddad on
On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 09:19:52 -0500, I said, "Pick a card, any card"
and "Joel" <joelbenway(a)gmail.com> instead replied:

>Just curious about what everyone uses. I've been using Orcad PCB editor.

http://ezr2000plus.com/index_files/Page371.htm

Brilliant! Easy to learn and use. Very capable. Don't let the price
fool you.
--
Ray
From: Grant Edwards on
On 2008-04-07, Joel <joelbenway(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Just curious about what everyone uses. I've been using Orcad PCB editor.

I use Eagle. It's cheap, and it runs on both Linux and OSX. I
tried open-source gEDA stuff once upon a time, but the
learning curve was a bit too tough for me.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! !! I am having fun!!!
at
From: Chris Carlen on
Joel wrote:
> Just curious about what everyone uses. I've been using Orcad PCB editor.

Been using Eagle since about 2000:

http://www.cadsoft.de/

Considering I now have probably a man*yr of effort into developing my
own Eagle device libs, it's unlikely I'll ever change. Unless I have to
do something dramatically outside the scope of Eagle's abilities.

I have no complaints about Eagle. It is one of the most stable programs
I run. (On Linux).

Consider carefully what software you choose, because if you put effort
into package/device design, the longer you do it the more wedded you
will be.

--
Good day!

CRC
crobcREMOVETHIS(a)BOGUSsbcglobal.net
NOTE, delete texts: "REMOVETHIS" and
"BOGUS" from email address to reply.
From: DJ Delorie on

gEDA/PCB exclusively.

I tried Eagle once, but one of the first footprints I used was wrong
(common part, subtle but fatal error) and the free version couldn't
handle the board I was designing.