From: David Harkness on
On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Nathan Rixham <nrixham(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> As per the subject, not what other languages have you used, but what other
> languages do you currently use?

At work: PHP and Java mostly with some Javascript and BASH scripting thrown
in for good measure. We use PHP for the website and Java for the
deployment/tools platform and any backend system that needs multithreading.

At play: Python and C++ for BUG Mod (Civ4 mod). Learning Lua for Civ5 but
have been too busy lately. :(

David
From: Nathan Rixham on
Per Jessen wrote:
> Nathan Rixham wrote:
>
>> As per the subject, not what other languages have you used, but what
>> other languages do you currently use?
>
> French, German, English and Danish.

Forhåbentlig ikke alle zur en même temps

From: Nathan Rixham on
Daniel P. Brown wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 13:30, Nathan Rixham <nrixham(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> As per the subject, not what other languages have you used, but what other
>> languages do you currently use?
>
> Spanish, Gaelic, and German, on occasion.

Ahhh, but have you mastered Ambiguity yet?

ps: thanks for that Dan, you've set them off now ;)
From: "Bob McConnell" on
From: Nathan Rixham

> As per the subject, not what other languages have you used, but what
> other languages do you currently use?
>
> I guess it may also be interesting to know if:
>
> (1) there's any particular reason for you using a different language
> (other than work/day-job/client requires it)
>
> (2) about to jump in to another language

C, Perl and Java.

Been programming embedded devices and credit card terminals in C (and
ASM) for about three decades. Still have to maintain that code. (We are
supporting some devices that went out of production in 1992.)

Have dabbled in Perl for about half of that time. Started out doing
Perl-CGI for a web site. It's useful for generating test data to emulate
random events, test drivers for communications protocols and to control
test systems.

I'm still learning both PHP and Java. I know just enough of each to be
very dangerous.

I'm most comfortable in C, so I lean towards that for casual projects at
home.

Bob McConnell
From: Per Jessen on
Nathan Rixham wrote:

> Per Jessen wrote:
>> Nathan Rixham wrote:
>>=20
>>> As per the subject, not what other languages have you used, but wha=
>>> other languages do you currently use?
>>=20
>> French, German, English and Danish.
>>=20
>=20
> Forh=C3=A5bentlig ikke alle zur en m=C3=AAme temps
>=20

Ork jo, das ist doch ikke ein Problem.=20

--=20
Per Jessen, Z=C3=BCrich (12.9=C2=B0C)