From: tinnews on
What does this vText() annotation mean in a returned list:-

[['Apr 19', vText(u'PAYE'), ''], ['Mar 31', vText(u'VAT'), ''], ['May 19', vText(u'Year end PAYE'), '']]

I *guess* it's some sort of indication of non-constant text, I need a
way to make it constant (well, to get a constant copy of it) because a
function I'm passing it to is complaining about a type mismatch:-

TypeError: in method 'Fl_Input__value', argument 2 of type 'char const *'

--
Chris Green

From: Arnaud Delobelle on
tinnews(a)isbd.co.uk writes:

> What does this vText() annotation mean in a returned list:-
>
> [['Apr 19', vText(u'PAYE'), ''],

It means your list contains an instance of a class whose __repr__()
method returns "vText(u'PAYE')". If it follows common practice, the
class is probably named "vText". You are likely to be importing and
using a module that defines a class called "vText". I don't know such a
module, I don't think it's in the standard library so it would be useful
if you gave more details about the context.

A quick google for "vtext python" yields something about an iCalendar
package for python. Is it what you are using?

--
Arnaud