From: No spam please on
"Griffin" <ned_griffin(a)nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
>I visited two outlets in the UK for Canon, Jessops and Jacobs. Both are out
> os 5D Mk.II gigital cameras. The former informed me that they were on
> their
> way from Canada and are now past their delivery date. The latter informed
> me that she had no idea when they would be in suggested I look at what
> they had in stock.
>
> I also looked on line and "out of stock" signs were all over the place.
>
> Can anyone throw some light on this situation?
>
> Griffin.

Hello Griffin.

Try London Camera Exchange. My local branch got hold of a Canon lens in ten
days that my local branch of Jessops hadn't got after six (or more) weeks of
waiting.

Best wishes, Rog.

From: ransley on
On Jun 30, 6:08 am, Griffin <ned_grif...(a)nospam.co.uk> wrote:
> I visited two outlets in the UK for Canon, Jessops and Jacobs. Both are out
> os 5D Mk.II gigital cameras. The former informed me that they were on their
> way from Canada and are now past their delivery date. The latter informed
> me that she had no idea when they would be in suggested I look at what
> they had in stock.
>
> I also looked on line and "out of stock" signs were all over the place.
>
> Can anyone throw some light on this situation?
>
> Griffin.

It make me wonder if a new model is about to come out, or demand for
other models is just very high. By regular cycles next year is 5D time
for replacement, but all cycles are getting shorter to up demand,
rumors are early next year, but nobody knows.
From: John Navas on
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 06:48:52 -0700 (PDT), in
<bd0ec05b-97bd-44bc-87e1-fdceb5d5da00(a)y4g2000yqy.googlegroups.com>,
ransley <Mark_Ransley(a)Yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Jun 30, 6:08�am, Griffin <ned_grif...(a)nospam.co.uk> wrote:
>> I visited two outlets in the UK for Canon, Jessops and Jacobs. Both are out
>> os 5D Mk.II gigital cameras. The former informed me that they were on their
>> way from Canada and are now past their delivery date. The latter informed
>> me that she had no idea when they would be in suggested I look at what
>> they had in stock.
>>
>> I also looked on line and "out of stock" signs were all over the place.
>>
>> Can anyone throw some light on this situation?

>It make me wonder if a new model is about to come out, or demand for
>other models is just very high. By regular cycles next year is 5D time
>for replacement, but all cycles are getting shorter to up demand,
>rumors are early next year, but nobody knows.

My guess(tm) is that retailers have cut back on inventory and ordering
in the current poor economic climate, particularly on high-end items.

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: No spam please on
"John Navas" <jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 06:48:52 -0700 (PDT), in
> <bd0ec05b-97bd-44bc-87e1-fdceb5d5da00(a)y4g2000yqy.googlegroups.com>,
> ransley <Mark_Ransley(a)Yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>On Jun 30, 6:08 am, Griffin <ned_grif...(a)nospam.co.uk> wrote:
>>> I visited two outlets in the UK for Canon, Jessops and Jacobs. Both are
>>> out
>>> os 5D Mk.II gigital cameras. The former informed me that they were on
>>> their
>>> way from Canada and are now past their delivery date. The latter
>>> informed
>>> me that she had no idea when they would be in suggested I look at what
>>> they had in stock.
>>>
>>> I also looked on line and "out of stock" signs were all over the place.
>>>
>>> Can anyone throw some light on this situation?
>
>>It make me wonder if a new model is about to come out, or demand for
>>other models is just very high. By regular cycles next year is 5D time
>>for replacement, but all cycles are getting shorter to up demand,
>>rumors are early next year, but nobody knows.
>
> My guess(tm) is that retailers have cut back on inventory and ordering
> in the current poor economic climate, particularly on high-end items.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> John

Hello John.

One retailer suspected that some Canon products are now produced in batches
rather than continuously. The retailer thought this was the case with lenses
and was why I couldn't get hold of a Canon 100mm macro lens. If this is true
then I wonder if Canon wait until they have sufficient orders to warrant a
production run? Could make for a long wait for some of their products.

Kindest regards, Rog.

From: John Navas on
On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 17:29:15 +0100, in
<i0frd3$1lb$1(a)adenine.netfront.net>, "No spam please"
<me(a)spamnotwelcome.org> wrote:

>"John Navas" <jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 06:48:52 -0700 (PDT), in
>> <bd0ec05b-97bd-44bc-87e1-fdceb5d5da00(a)y4g2000yqy.googlegroups.com>,
>> ransley <Mark_Ransley(a)Yahoo.com> wrote:

>>>It make me wonder if a new model is about to come out, or demand for
>>>other models is just very high. By regular cycles next year is 5D time
>>>for replacement, but all cycles are getting shorter to up demand,
>>>rumors are early next year, but nobody knows.
>>
>> My guess(tm) is that retailers have cut back on inventory and ordering
>> in the current poor economic climate, particularly on high-end items.

>One retailer suspected that some Canon products are now produced in batches
>rather than continuously. The retailer thought this was the case with lenses
>and was why I couldn't get hold of a Canon 100mm macro lens. If this is true
>then I wonder if Canon wait until they have sufficient orders to warrant a
>production run? Could make for a long wait for some of their products.

Good points. My guess(tm) is that manufacturers have cut back on
inventory as well.

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams

Pages: 1
Prev: Many Shots?
Next: Newton, up close and personal