From: Gaspode T. Wonderdog on
Has anybody got any positive experience/tips about working with O2?
Here is our story...

For a number of weeks I have been trying to get a single personal
iPhone transferred to a new business contract - it took quite a while
and much to-and-froing to get O2 to understand and to get them to send
the necessary transfer forms (and then 2 sets came at once...) but
every indication was that O2 were quite happy to allow this change to
take place. If this initial transfer was successful eventually I would
want 8 colleagues to also transfer their iPhones to the single business
contract and thus ease accounting & tax issues.

The forms were duly returned and just 2 weeks later I have the result:
transfer can't be completed as my company fails an Experian credit
check - we have �10million in the bank and O2 won't transfer a �35
mobile phone contract! What a waste of time it has been...

Gaspode