From: za kAT on
On Tue, 03 Aug 2010 16:53:42 -0400, LouB wrote:

> GOSH wrote:
>> sharon writ:
>>
>>> When installing freeware, should we change the default shortcut because
>>> of this Windows vulnerability (and others which may not be known to us
>>> yet)?
>>>
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS10-046.mspx
>>>
>>> Executive Summary
>>
>> [snip]
>>

>> Good advice is to bypass Window's shortcuts altogether by using SlickRun:
>> <http://www.bayden.com/slickrun/1033/SlickRunHelp.aspx>
>>
>> Not only will it avoid this vulnerability but your programs will start
>> much faster and you won't have a cluttered desktop etc.
>>

>> -GOSH
>>
> Anyone tried this?

Only the clinically insane. The rest of us have installed the patch, and
reserve the right to arrange our icons as a penis, for easy location of
shortcuts.

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8_Kfjo3VjU

A very efficient method which will impress your employer.

--
zakAT(a)pooh.the.cat - Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416.
Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for denigration!