From: aceware on
This is not really a question - but maybe someone else can benefit from the
pain I have been through today.

I have been doing development work for the past few weeks using RDC in to a
client's server.
By last Friday, with disconnects happening every 20 seconds, I decided it
was time to bite the bullet and install the license of Office 2007 I have
bought and pull everything to my own office dev site.
After 4 hours of fighting SQL 2005 being unable to restore a SQL 2008 backup
I finally had a complete environment.

However, I found that a popup short cut menu in a subform did not work on my
site.

After two hours of checking Access options between the two sites - I thought
that I would check the versions - the version of today's Office 2007 from
the MS download area is way earlier than my client's version who is
obviously running automatic updates.
A download of Office 2007 SP2 fixed the problem.

So silly me - I had assumed that a Microsoft Download today would include
all the latest fixes and patches - but obviously not - as I am sure wiser
heads will tell me.

Tony Epton