From: emil_lam on
Before I upgraded my IE to version 8, whenever I browse web sites, I
could grab the jpeg & gif files embedded in the web pages from my
computer under directory C:\Documents and Settings\<WINDOWS XP user
account directory>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\. Also,
after I played a youtube video, I could grab the corresponding copy of
youtube flash file stored under the same directory. After IE 8
installed, I found the directories caching browsed internet content
disappeared. Could anyone tell me where can I get them my local PC?

Tks!
From: neil on
Same place as far as I know. Are you showing hidden & system files.?

C:\Documents and Settings\XP user\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

Neil

From: Stubbo of Oz on
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:23:26 -0700 (PDT), emil_lam
<emil_lam(a)lycos.com> wrote:

>Before I upgraded my IE to version 8, whenever I browse web sites, I
>could grab the jpeg & gif files embedded in the web pages from my
>computer under directory C:\Documents and Settings\<WINDOWS XP user
>account directory>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\. Also,
>after I played a youtube video, I could grab the corresponding copy of
>youtube flash file stored under the same directory. After IE 8
>installed, I found the directories caching browsed internet content
>disappeared. Could anyone tell me where can I get them my local PC?

In IE8 :-

Tools menu -> Internet Options

General Tab -> click on "Settings" under "Browsing History"

Look for "Current location" near middle.

You can view the files by clicking "View files"

--
Stubbo of Oz

Pages: 1
Prev: User ID has disappeared