From: Wayne on
Hi all, I'm usually pretty good at sourcing software and licenses myself but
this one has me really stumped...

Let me explain...

I'm in charge of all the software deployed on field engineers netbooks. We
have decided to use the EEE T91 because its has a touch screen.

We need a touch screen and XP Tablet Edition because some of our software
uses Microsoft Ink for signature capture.

Managing to borrow a copy of XP TE for lab purposes, I installed it and with
a few tweaks, got the system working perfectly.

Management then decided to run with the EEE T91. Great...

My problem is I cannot get hold of any standard or OEM copies of XP tablet
edition. I have tried all the shops listed in Google products, Amazon and
Ebay with no luck.

Very rarely I find an on-line shop with stock levels more than 0 only to
find when I order that they actually have none in stock...

If only I could get hold of just one legitimate product key it would be a
good start.

If anyone can offer some help here, I would be most grateful.

Regards, Wayne.
From: Invalid on
In message <5EEE5290-6D8F-4962-B189-510EAB22F784(a)microsoft.com>, Wayne
<Wayne(a)discussions.microsoft.com> writes
>Hi all, I'm usually pretty good at sourcing software and licenses myself but
>this one has me really stumped...
>
>Let me explain...
>
>I'm in charge of all the software deployed on field engineers netbooks. We
>have decided to use the EEE T91 because its has a touch screen.
>
>We need a touch screen and XP Tablet Edition because some of our software
>uses Microsoft Ink for signature capture.
>
>Managing to borrow a copy of XP TE for lab purposes, I installed it and with
>a few tweaks, got the system working perfectly.
>
>Management then decided to run with the EEE T91. Great...
>
>My problem is I cannot get hold of any standard or OEM copies of XP tablet
>edition. I have tried all the shops listed in Google products, Amazon and
>Ebay with no luck.
>
>Very rarely I find an on-line shop with stock levels more than 0 only to
>find when I order that they actually have none in stock...
>
>If only I could get hold of just one legitimate product key it would be a
>good start.
>
>If anyone can offer some help here, I would be most grateful.
>
>Regards, Wayne.
I suspect you will struggle.

XP Tablet is effectively discontinued.

In any case MS never really sold it as a retail product. It was
supposedly only to be sold with an approved Tablet PC by the OEM who
made the hardware.

But why do you want to? Why not try Windows 7 instead. It has the same
(actually much better) handwriting functionality built in as well as
(apparently) supporting multi-touch, is available retail or OEM and is
much, much better.

I have Win 7 running on a five year old Tablet PC and it works fine.

--
Invalid
From: Rainald Taesler on
Wayne wrote:

> My problem is I cannot get hold of any standard or OEM copies of XP
> tablet edition. I have tried all the shops listed in Google products,
> Amazon and Ebay with no luck.

You are out of luck.
The XP TabletPC edition never was sold separately. It was only handed
out by the hardware manufacturers.

Instead if XP you might use either Vista or Win7 which both have the
TabletPC features built in. And in addition Win7 comes with the new
touch-screen and multitouch features.

Rainald