From: "Superdos" superdos AT msn DOT on
Hi,

For smartcard reader driver testing, I've constantly been hearing about the
"magic" tool - IFDTEST. But, where
can i get it? I searched entiry Microsoft site and can not find it till now.
Can any one give some help? Thanks.

From: Walter Oney on
Superdos wrote:
> For smartcard reader driver testing, I've constantly been hearing about the
> "magic" tool - IFDTEST. But, where
> can i get it? I searched entiry Microsoft site and can not find it till now.
> Can any one give some help? Thanks.

It used to be part of the Hardware Compatibility Test (HCT) package.
Nowadays, I guess that would be the Driver Test Manager. See
<http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/DevTools/WDK/DTM.mspx>.

A caution, though: IFDTEST from the XP era uses an older set of test
cards that are no longer available. I believe you need a newer IFDTEST
(and a set of new test cards) to get certified for Vista -- if I'm wrong
about that, hopefully somebody from MS will chime in.

--
Walter Oney, Consulting and Training
http://www.oneysoft.com

Pages: 1