From: buck on
I wish to have syslogd.c altered so that it stops saying "last message
repeated # times". Instead, I want each message logged. Since I'm not
a C programmer, I need to find a reliable coder who will modify my
source.

Where can I get this done?
--
buck
From: Jim Diamond on
On 2010-06-08 at 19:49 ADT, buck <buck(a)private.mil> wrote:
> I wish to have syslogd.c altered so that it stops saying "last message
> repeated # times". Instead, I want each message logged. Since I'm not
> a C programmer, I need to find a reliable coder who will modify my
> source.
>
> Where can I get this done?

Part of me says I'd be happy to offer my services, but part of me
would be embarrassed to take money for this. But feel free to send
some if you like...

Assuming Slackware 13.1 version of syslogd, a *quick and dirty* solution
is to replace line 1639 in sysklogd-1.4.1/syslogd.c
f->f_prevlen = msglen;
with
f->f_prevlen = 0;

A less Q&D solution would be to re-work the code a bit, or, at least,
put in a comment explaining what is going on.

This is NOT tested, I'll leave that to you.

Jim