From: Steve on
So where did all the 58XX's go? I'm up for a good
conspiracy theory.

Was ATI lying when they said they had shipped
tens of thousands of chips to the manufacturers
to support the release?

Did Nvidia buy up all the stock to glean a clue?

Did Fonzi realy jump that shark?

Enquireing minds...

From: Jim on
Dell got most of them.

From: First of One on
"Tens of thousands" spread over the world isn't saying much. A handful of
them are in stock here if you are ordering from the US:
http://www.ncixus.com/search/?categoryid=0&q=5870

I certainly hope the production rates improve. Wouldn't want another
"Platinum Edition"...

From: Steve on
In article <nNKdnSKRDI62WELXnZ2dnUVZ_sydnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, root@
127.0.0.1 says...

> "Tens of thousands" spread over the world isn't saying much. A handful of
> them are in stock here if you are ordering from the US:
> http://www.ncixus.com/search/?categoryid=0&q=5870
>
> I certainly hope the production rates improve. Wouldn't want another
> "Platinum Edition"...

Indeed.

From: Jim on
http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20091030PD209.html