From: "Brian" on
Hello,

I know this must be intuitive -- but I've posted this question to the
SitePoint/PHP forums and the Tech Support Guy Forums and come up empty.

I downloaded my Apache and PHP from XAMMP.
I am using Windows XP.
The PHP PEAR library is in C:\xampp\php\PEAR.
My PHP code resides in C:\xampp\htdocs\hrf.

Here is a excerpt from your FAQ:
"
Go to http://pear.php.net/go-pear, save as gopear.php and do $ php
gopear.php
"

Where do I type and execute the $ PHP gopear.php command?

Here is an except from a technical text:
"
You can check [the configurable location] using the pear command line
application:
$ pear config-get php_dir
"
Where do I type the $ pear command?

Brian Case
brian(a)brianlcase.com
http://www.LloydLegacy.net

From: "Joshua J. Kugler" on
On Friday 18 June 2010, Brian elucidated thus:
> Where do I type the $ pear command?

At any shell prompt.

The $ indicates a shell prompt.

The 'pear' part is the command line application.

Joshua Kugler
Part-Time System Admin/Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/ �ID 0x73B13B6A