From: pmpair on
Hello,

I am using Spreadsheet_excel_writer to fill a file containing about 5-6 tabs,
each containing a dozen columns and a few dozen rows (only one has about 400
rows). When I open the file, I get the following error message :

"Excel a rencontr� une erreur et a supprim� une partie de la mise en forme pour
�viter d'endommager le classeur. Rev�rifiez soigneusement votre mise en forme."
English translation :
"Excel encountered an error and had to remove some formatting to avoid
corrupting the workbook. Please re-check your formatting carefully."

The contents of the file seem perfectly normal, apart from the annoying error
message every time a file is generated and opened (it does not appear again if
the file is reopened later).

I searched the maling-list, bug list and the web without success.

I also tried using only the default Spreadsheet_excel_writer format (arial 10,
etc), but the error remained.

Versions :
Spreadsheet_excel_writer : I use 0.9.0 but I also tried to use 0.9.2 without
success.
Excel : MS Office Excel 2003 (11.8169.8172) SP3 [French version]
Windows XP Pro [also French version]
Browsers : IE 6.0.2900.5512.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100216-1514 or Firefox 3.6.3 [also
French versions]
Php 5.1.4

Is there a way to remove the error message?

Thanks in advance,

Pierre-Matthieu Pair