From: DickGrier on
This simply will not happen. OK, so the possibility is so small it cannot
be judged. Certainly if Intel's goal was to loose many millions of dollars
of income each year, I suppose the wildest might judge it "possible."

--
Richard Grier, Consultant, Hard & Software 12962 West Louisiana Avenue
Lakewood, CO 80228 303-986-2179 (voice) Homepage: www.hardandsoftware.net

From: Saga on
I really don't see this happening. Saga

From: Hillbilly on
Does Microsoft optimize their products to run optimally with their own
products or does Microsoft optimize their products to run on a different OS?

Now maybe do you think you might consider where this may be going in the
near future?

From: Saga on
I can't answer your question honestly because I do not have that kind of
in depth knowledge as to how far MS products are optimized for other
products coming from the same company. If you believe what you read,
MS was accused of doing this and the DOJ forzed MS to stop doing it
and to share OS knowledge with competitors so as to not have an unfair
advantage.

Except for a few products for Mac OS X, MS does not supoprt any other
OS which basically leaves the diverse flavor os *nix and now Google
Chrome.

But this is not the topic. If I understood, the question at hand was whether
Intel would stop supporting MS which in turn would mean that MS would
cozy up to AMD, since one of the s/w people was blowing off steam about
Intel's new *nix OS. This is a different ballgame with possibly far reaching
negative implication for Intel. For this reason, I don't see any sane to
level
executive at Intel attempting to follow such a path. I also don't see MS
"fixing" their software so that it is optimized for AMD's processors. It
simply does not make any business sense. Regards, Saga

From: Hillbilly on
Not --stop-- supporting Windows Saga but --slow down-- support for Windows
just enough to always be lagging behind so Intel chipsets remain optimized
for Linux.

>I can't answer your question honestly because I do not have that kind of
> in depth knowledge as to how far MS products are optimized for other
> products coming from the same company. If you believe what you read,
> MS was accused of doing this and the DOJ forzed MS to stop doing it
> and to share OS knowledge with competitors so as to not have an unfair
> advantage.
>
> Except for a few products for Mac OS X, MS does not supoprt any other
> OS which basically leaves the diverse flavor os *nix and now Google
> Chrome.
>
> But this is not the topic. If I understood, the question at hand was
> whether
> Intel would stop supporting MS which in turn would mean that MS would
> cozy up to AMD, since one of the s/w people was blowing off steam about
> Intel's new *nix OS. This is a different ballgame with possibly far
> reaching
> negative implication for Intel. For this reason, I don't see any sane to
> level
> executive at Intel attempting to follow such a path. I also don't see MS
> "fixing" their software so that it is optimized for AMD's processors. It
> simply does not make any business sense. Regards, Saga
>

> "Hillbilly" <nobody(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Does Microsoft optimize their products to run optimally with their own
>> products or does Microsoft optimize their products to run on a different
>> OS?
>>
>> Now maybe do you think you might consider where this may be going in the
>> near future?
>>
>> "Saga" <antiSpam(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>>I really don't see this happening. Saga
>>>
>>> "Hillbilly" <nobody(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Looking for dotnet trainer
Next: email