From: AroundTheWorld on
>Search on "Nickname" (Show hidden files enabled)
>You looked at C:\Program files... didn't you :) ?

Can you tell me where is Attach folder please?
From: Han on
AroundTheWorld <AroundTheWorld(a)DELETEinterfree.it> wrote in

>>Search on "Nickname" (Show hidden files enabled)
>>You looked at C:\Program files... didn't you :) ?
>
> Can you tell me where is Attach folder please?

It's a subdirectory in the directory where your mailboxes are ...

--
Best regards
Han
From: Steve Urbach on
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 20:59:19 +0100, AroundTheWorld
<AroundTheWorld(a)DELETEinterfree.it> wrote:

>>Search on "Nickname" (Show hidden files enabled)
>>You looked at C:\Program files... didn't you :) ?
>
>Can you tell me where is Attach folder please?
It is a user option setting, "Options | Attachments" the default is in the
Eudora (users files) directory.
(If you change it, you need to move the contents of the old location so they
don't become *lost*). It is a /change/ not a /move/

From: John H Meyers on
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 11:46:57 -0600

> I need to find Address Book file in Eudora folder.

How to find everything (mail, address books, attachments):

"How to move and back up files (Win)"
http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1602hq.html

"Where are my mailboxes and other Eudora data files located'
http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/2722hq.html

"Address book format" (any address book is a plain text file!)
http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1353hq.html

> I will install Eudora again and I need that file.

If you re-install on the same computer,
your existing files will still be there.

When migrating to a new computer,
if you copy your entire "Data" folder
(whose path is shown in "Help | "About Eudora")
then your new installation will have the complete and identical data
(mail, settings, addresses, etc.) as your original computer.

If you are about to install on Vista or Windows 7,
be sure to run the installer, and when the installer asks
where you will keep your mail, NEVER give any location
that is in the system "program files" area,
or else you will be back later to complain of many problems,
because recent versions of Windows do not allow applications
to write new files or update old files in that area!

By the same token, NEVER copy any existing files directly
into the system "program files" area, even if you used to
"migrate" in this way, because Vista and Windows 7
are much stricter about security than any previous versions,
even when you log in as an "administrator."

Other applications are also subject to exactly the same rules;
the only reason that their users don't get into the same trouble
as Eudora users is that their installers don't ask where to keep anything --
they automatically put user data in the right place, whereas Eudora's
installer makes the grave mistake of putting that decision
into the hands of people who do not know what trouble lies down the road
if they choose to put user data in the wrong area under system "program files."