From: Bob S on

I have an application which at one point needs to delete
a profile string created with

Declare Function WriteProfileStringA% Lib "Kernel32" (ByVal lpAppName$,
ByVal lpKeyName$, ByVal lpString$)

WriteProfileString(AppName, KeyName, "Some Value")

Web searches indicated that the call:

WriteProfileString(AppName, KeyName, 0&)

Would remove the value.
I would like to verify that the value actuall was removed.
In the old days, the data from WriteProfileString ended up in
..ini files. The help page says that this data is stored in
the registry, although searches for both the key names and stored
values did not find anything.

Could someone point me to where these values get stored, I would
appreciate it. Also, if there is a prefered call to WriteProfileString,
I am open to suggestion.

Thank you for your help.
--
Robert E. Styma
Principal Engineer (DMTS)

From: Bob S on
Sorry this was an accidental repost of a question which was already answered.
--
Robert E. Styma
Principal Engineer (DMTS)

From: Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] on
Am 18.03.2010 16:37, schrieb Bob S:
> Could someone point me to where these values get stored, I would
> appreciate it. Also, if there is a prefered call to WriteProfileString,
> I am open to suggestion.

See documentation:

WriteProfileString Function (Windows)
<URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms725504.aspx>