From: Amrein-Marie Christophe on

Where is moonlight 2.0 srpms package for Suse 11.2? I can't find it on the
net.
From: EOS on
Amrein-Marie Christophe wrote:

> Where is moonlight 2.0 srpms package for Suse 11.2? I can't find it on the
> net.

I think you mean "openSUSE 11.2"

Is that the "moonlight" you want?
http://www.go-mono.com/moonlight/download.aspx
it's just a firefox addon, no srpms

or did you mean "mono":
http://ftp.novell.com/pub/mono/download-stable/openSUSE_11.2/src/
--
EOS
www.photo-memories.be
From: Amrein-Marie Christophe on
EOS wrote:

> Amrein-Marie Christophe wrote:
>

>> Where is moonlight 2.0 srpms package for Suse 11.2? I can't find it on
>> the net.
>
> I think you mean "openSUSE 11.2"
>
> Is that the "moonlight" you want?
> http://www.go-mono.com/moonlight/download.aspx
> it's just a firefox addon, no srpms

Yes I know. It's already installed and it works well on all siverlight
website.

But Moonlight is open source and I would like to build it without having to
fix the code and the building scripts again.

I fed up of those broken source code. Even if those bugs are not hard to fix
and just prevent new programmers from playing with it, I'm more and more
annoyed about the "won't compile out of the box" mantra of most open source
projects.
From: Amrein-Marie Christophe on
Kevin Nathan wrote:

> My $DEITY, man! They only released version 2 on December 17th. Give the
> guys a few days to work on it and get it into OBS!

There is already a working Firefox binary plug-in...
From: Hendrik van Hees on
In connection with this moonlight stuff I have a (perhaps very stupid)
question. The only really interesting application of this new
proprietary format by a certain software company in Redmond are the
Feynman messenger lectures on

http://research.microsoft.com/apps/tools/tuva/

Then it says there's no official support for my browser (firefox 3.5.6
under OSS 11.2), but then it lets me install the plugin, but trying it
again after restarting firefox, gives the same result.

So what is this plugin good for if it doesn't work to watch Feynman?

--
Hendrik van Hees
Institut f�r Theoretische Physik