From: Gerry on
I've found Apples dictionaries in the Library folder, what I'm looking
for is the file created when I teach the dictionary words that it
doesn't have. I want to copy the file from my internal drive to an
external drive.
From: isw on
In article <everyday-F6811D.09500119072010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Gerry <everyday(a)sunrise.net> wrote:

> I've found Apples dictionaries in the Library folder, what I'm looking
> for is the file created when I teach the dictionary words that it
> doesn't have. I want to copy the file from my internal drive to an
> external drive.

Look in ~/Library/Spelling for a file (or files, if you use several
languages).

Isaac
From: Gerry on
In article <isw-97E187.10290319072010@[216.168.3.50]>,
isw <isw(a)witzend.com> wrote:

> In article <everyday-F6811D.09500119072010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> Gerry <everyday(a)sunrise.net> wrote:
>
> > I've found Apples dictionaries in the Library folder, what I'm looking
> > for is the file created when I teach the dictionary words that it
> > doesn't have. I want to copy the file from my internal drive to an
> > external drive.
>
> Look in ~/Library/Spelling for a file (or files, if you use several
> languages).
>
> Isaac

Thanks. I'm working off my external drive and I was having to add words
I had already added to the dictionary.