From: Kaye Ng on
Hi. I'm reading Chris Pine's online tutorial.

From the tutorial:
"The Ruby installer comes with a lovely text editor called SciTE (the
Scintilla Text Editor). You can run SciTE by selecting it from the start
menu. If you would like your code to be colored like the examples in
this tutorial, download these files and put them in your SciTE folder
(c:/ruby/scite if you chose the default location):"

I've just downloaded Ruby 1.8.7 from
http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/
as suggested by Chris Pine, but I don't think there's an SciTE included.

From: Marvin Gülker on
Kaye Ng wrote:
> Hi. I'm reading Chris Pine's online tutorial.
>
> From the tutorial:
> "The Ruby installer comes with a lovely text editor called SciTE (the
> Scintilla Text Editor). You can run SciTE by selecting it from the start
> menu. If you would like your code to be colored like the examples in
> this tutorial, download these files and put them in your SciTE folder
> (c:/ruby/scite if you chose the default location):"
>
> I've just downloaded Ruby 1.8.7 from
> http://rubyinstaller.org/downloads/
> as suggested by Chris Pine, but I don't think there's an SciTE included.

It isn't bundled with RubyInstaller anymore as it was with the old OCI.
But you can download SciTE separately at
http://www.scintilla.org/SciTEDownload.html .

Marvin

From: Kaye Ng on
Thanks!!!