From: Fim on
For some years ago it was possible to download a free Fujitsu COBOL
compiler, version 3, myabe also 3.5 from adtools.com, but not today.
Does anybody know where to get it? I will try that compiler together
with the product "GUI SreenIO" from Norcom to build a GUI-application
from my Dos-application.

/Fim W.
From: Alistair on
On Nov 3, 12:49 pm, Fim <fim.wastb...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> For some years ago it was possible to download a free Fujitsu COBOL
> compiler, version 3, myabe also 3.5 from adtools.com, but not today.
> Does anybody know where to get it? I will try that compiler together
> with the product "GUI SreenIO" from Norcom to build a GUI-application
> from my Dos-application.
>
> /Fim W.

You might be better off going to the microfocus net express personal
edition v5.1 and downloading theirs as it comes with its own gui
screen builder.

The Fujitsu compiler was well hidden on their web site. A search of
this newsgroup should find the last posting to point to the freebie.
From: Fim on
On 3 Nov, 17:10, Alistair <alist...(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On Nov 3, 12:49 pm, Fim <fim.wastb...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > For some years ago it was possible to download a free Fujitsu COBOL
> > compiler, version 3, myabe also 3.5 from adtools.com, but not today.
> > Does anybody know where to get it? I will try that compiler together
> > with the product "GUI SreenIO" from Norcom to build a GUI-application
> > from my Dos-application.
>
> > /Fim W.
>
> You might be better off going to the microfocus net express personal
> edition v5.1 and downloading theirs as it comes with its own gui
> screen builder.
>
> The Fujitsu compiler was well hidden on their web site. A search of
> this newsgroup should find the last posting to point to the freebie.

No, I don´t want to use .net.
A search of this newsgroup for free Fujitsu COBOL gives no result of
value.

/Fim W.

From: me on
"Fim" <fim.wastberg(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On 3 Nov, 17:10, Alistair <alist...(a)ld50macca.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> On Nov 3, 12:49 pm, Fim <fim.wastb...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > For some years ago it was possible to download a free Fujitsu COBOL
> > compiler, version 3, myabe also 3.5 from adtools.com, but not today.
> > Does anybody know where to get it? I will try that compiler together
> > with the product "GUI SreenIO" from Norcom to build a GUI-application
> > from my Dos-application.
>
> > /Fim W.
>
> You might be better off going to the microfocus net express personal
> edition v5.1 and downloading theirs as it comes with its own gui
> screen builder.
>
> The Fujitsu compiler was well hidden on their web site. A search of
> this newsgroup should find the last posting to point to the freebie.

No, I don�t want to use .net.
A search of this newsgroup for free Fujitsu COBOL gives no result of
value.

/Fim W.

You don't have to use the .NET components of MF Personal COBOL, just load
NETEXPRESS only

From: Rene_Surop on

> No, I don´t want to use .net.
> A search of this newsgroup for free Fujitsu COBOL gives no result of
> value.
>
> /Fim W.

MF NetExpress product can be downloaded from;
http://www.microfocus.com/Resources/Communities/Academic/shop/index.asp