From: VanguardLH on
yuppicide wrote:

> Where can I get Outlook 2003 help the newsgroup is gone?

The microsoft.public.* newsgroups continue to exist. Usenet continues
to exist. It is Microsoft that is abandoning their 4-year experiment in
trying to usurp Usenet. So just use a different NSP (newsgroups service
provider), like albasani, eternal-september, or individual.net. Usenet
isn't going away because Microsoft chose to run away. Stop using
Microsoft's NNTP server. It is going away (but first Microsoft is
killing it off through attrition).

This is a general topic newsgroup for Windows XP. For Outlook, post in
the microsoft.public.outlook[.general] newsgroups. The health of a
newsgroup is not measured by its volume of traffic. It is alive if you
get a response.
From: Tim Slattery on
VanguardLH <V(a)nguard.LH> wrote:

>yuppicide wrote:
>
>> Where can I get Outlook 2003 help the newsgroup is gone?
>
>The microsoft.public.* newsgroups continue to exist. Usenet continues
>to exist. It is Microsoft that is abandoning their 4-year experiment in
>trying to usurp Usenet.

Four years? The microsoft.public.* groups have been on Microsoft's
NNTP server for something like 12 years. I know, because that's how
long I've been reading them.

As for usurping Usenet, that's ridiculous. Microsoft, like *many*
other companies, hosted their own newsgroups to provide a place for
peer-to-peer support. Of course, they were picked up by many other
Usenet providers, where they continue to exist.

> So just use a different NSP (newsgroups service
>provider), like albasani, eternal-september, or individual.net. Usenet
>isn't going away because Microsoft chose to run away.

I agree entirely with that.

--
Tim Slattery
Slattery_T(a)bls.gov