From: Robert L. Oldershaw on
On Jul 28, 6:25 pm, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nos...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Woofy,

You know that advice could apply to you too.

Oh, wait! You're Pavlov's dog who is conditioned to respond with
reflexive barking and cannot stop yourself.

Be sure to see my response to your intemperate barkings over at
sci.physics.research tomorrow.

And keep on smilin'. Oh, wait! You can't smile, can you? A toothy
sneer is all you can manage. Well then, keep on sneering Woofy.
From: Thomas Heger on
Robert L. Oldershaw schrieb:
> On Jul 28, 1:48 am, eric gisse <jowr.pi.nos...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> You have a general, and unfortunate, tendency to just snip everything and
>
> So, I am curious about who you are and exactly what your motivations
> are.
>
> Apparently you are not a research physicist and you have never
> published a research paper.
>
> You do not start threads at sci.physics.research and so you seem not
> to have any ideas of your own.
>
> You do post 100s of barkings to the newsgroups every month. For some
> months you have posted over 600 barkings. Woofy, that's more than 20
> barkings per day!!! Are you completely mad?
>
> Apparently you see your role in life as memorizing other people's
> conventional ideas, and then barking in a most unseemly manner at
> anyone you dares to challenge those conventional ideas.
>
> Sort of Woofy's Canine Inquisition. Is that the basic story of your
> "life in science"?
>
> If so, I see your need for cloaking your actual identity.

As I see the Usenet, it is a great place and one of the last leaking
holes in an otherwise controlled environment.
Those in control seem to think about this in the same way, but with
opposite intention. To gain control they - as I assume- use various
methods. One is to hire somebody - or many- to spread nonsense and
disrupt discussions, if possible.
Possibly there is also AI involved, but that isn't 'intelligent' enough
by now. Physical or 'legal' pressure is also possible to silence
unpleasant minds.
So you need a thick skin and a great deal of courage to accept this
pressure and withstand it.
And you shouldn't complain to robots ;-)

TH
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: looking