From: achadya on
>Hi i've decided start learning ARM7 microcontrollers
>planning to buy this board
>http://www.olimex.com/dev/sam7-p64.html
>is it worth it?? Are there any other good arm7 boards (ATMEL or
>phillips LPC)

I have purchased and am awaiting the delivery of an Embedded Artists
LPC2478
it uses NXP chips. I have also purchased the Code Red development tool with
the JTAG probe to support it. It is the cheapest way to get a good tool set
that I found so far. Let me know how yours works out. I am anticipating my
delivery to occur today. It is an International shipment but haas not taken
too long using PAY PAL to translate into EUROs was helpful.
regards
achadya

---------------------------------------
From: Chris Burrows on
"achadya" <jfloder(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >Hi i've decided start learning ARM7 microcontrollers
>>planning to buy this board
>>http://www.olimex.com/dev/sam7-p64.html
>>is it worth it?? Are there any other good arm7 boards (ATMEL or
>>phillips LPC)
>>

> I have purchased and am awaiting the delivery of an Embedded Artists
> LPC2478
> it uses NXP chips. I have also purchased the Code Red development tool
> with
> the JTAG probe to support it. It is the cheapest way to get a good tool
> set
> that I found so far. Let me know how yours works out. I am anticipating my
> delivery to occur today. It is an International shipment but haas not
> taken
> too long using PAY PAL to translate into EUROs was helpful.
> regards
> achadya

We can also recommend Embedded Artists highly. As well as the features,
quality and good value of the boards, their documentation and example code
is of a high standard. Our most recent order was placed on Monday and the
boards arrived on Friday - not a bad time from Sweden to Australia! I don't
know what their technical support is like because we have had no need to use
it :-)

Regards,
Chris Burrows
CFB Software
Astrobe: LPC2000 Oberon-07 Development System
http://www.astrobe.com

From: Ibrahim Al-Qassam (Abdelaziz) on
Microchip Inc. is better
From: leon20008 on
Well I used to buy my boards from http://www.arm9board.net. It's an
ARM-commited company and they do have some nice board ranged from ARM7 TO
ARM11. Their boards are particularly nice for beginners, as they always
delivers demo BSP source code including cute application examples for
Linux, WinCE, Android, and detailed documentations that guides to build
your own.

Recently they release their OK6410 on promotion, $139 for a ARM11 kit and a
4.3" LCD, that's truely impressive. check it out
http://www.arm9board.net/sel/prddetail.aspx?id=348&pid=200