From: Olaf Noehring on
Hi
I am looking for a digital picture frame (the bigger - the better, right
now I am looking for 12" or 15").
The frame should load images from SD card and - now comes the most
important feature: Show images on the SD card (slideshow) in a **truely
random order**. By truely random I mean each time I turn the frame on and
the slideshow starts the images are most likely in a different order (aka
random) than when I run the slideshow before.
Sounds normal - it's not at this time (at least it seems to me, that
manufacturers have a pretty different understanding of the word random).

Of course it would not hurt to have extra features, but a **random**
slideshow is the most important for me, thinking that I actually want to
see not only the first 50 images of let's say 6000 on the SD card.

Any suggestions?

Olaf
From: Ray Fischer on
Olaf Noehring <olaf0000(a)team-noehring.de(0000=year)> wrote:
>Hi
>I am looking for a digital picture frame (the bigger - the better, right
>now I am looking for 12" or 15").
>The frame should load images from SD card and - now comes the most
>important feature: Show images on the SD card (slideshow) in a **truely
>random order**. By truely random I mean each time I turn the frame on and
>the slideshow starts the images are most likely in a different order (aka
>random) than when I run the slideshow before.

How about a 27"?

http://www.apple.com/imac/

Do want to qualify your request with additional parameters like, say
cost?

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: N on

"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message
> Olaf Noehring <olaf0000(a)team-noehring.de(0000=year)> wrote:
>>Hi
>>I am looking for a digital picture frame (the bigger - the better, right
>>now I am looking for 12" or 15").
>>The frame should load images from SD card and - now comes the most
>>important feature: Show images on the SD card (slideshow) in a **truely
>>random order**. By truely random I mean each time I turn the frame on and
>>the slideshow starts the images are most likely in a different order (aka
>>random) than when I run the slideshow before.
>
> How about a 27"?
>
> http://www.apple.com/imac/
>
> Do want to qualify your request with additional parameters like, say
> cost?
>
> --
> Ray Fischer
> rfischer(a)sonic.net

Or any PC running Windows 7 with the desktop set to slideshow :-)

From: Olaf Noehring on
Hi,

well, the pricerange is not the most important at this time. I am just
trying to evaluate which companies and which frames can do this at all.
Or course: The cheaper the better, SD card, random (!) slideshow and at
least 12" - no fancy stuff needed (=wlan, webserver,time/calendar...)

iPad is not an option. IF you ask for a price range, it should be less than
US$ 200 - or let's say 150 Euros

Olaf
--
* together for better software *
* http://www.team-noehring.de *
From: George Kerby on

On 2/8/10 2:38 AM, in article
uOCdneumRrANUPLWnZ2dnUVZ_vydnZ2d(a)westnet.com.au, "N" <N(a)onyx.com> wrote:

> "Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote in message
>> Olaf Noehring <olaf0000(a)team-noehring.de(0000=year)> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> I am looking for a digital picture frame (the bigger - the better, right
>>> now I am looking for 12" or 15").
>>> The frame should load images from SD card and - now comes the most
>>> important feature: Show images on the SD card (slideshow) in a **truely
>>> random order**. By truely random I mean each time I turn the frame on and
>>> the slideshow starts the images are most likely in a different order (aka
>>> random) than when I run the slideshow before.
>>
>> How about a 27"?
>>
>> http://www.apple.com/imac/
>>
>> Do want to qualify your request with additional parameters like, say
>> cost?
>>
>> --
>> Ray Fischer
>> rfischer(a)sonic.net
>>

> Or any PC running Windows 7 with the desktop set to slideshow :-)

Or any Mac running 10.4+, preferences > desktop > slideshow > mosaic