From: Gianluca Coviello on
Hi everybody,
I have a problem with a while loop, which I don't manage to stop as it
takes control of everything.

So, the problem is the following.
I wrote a vi to control an Optical Spectrum Analyzer and I need it to
scan a trace every Ta seconds. The scan must start when the user
presses the button "Start datalogging!" and must stop when the user
presses the button "Stop datalogging!" (this button is configured as
"swith after pression").
The problem is, anyway, that after starting the datalogging operation,
the user interface becomes kinda inaccessible, the mouse pointer
assumes the "hand format" and you can't push any button (actually you
can't move the scroll bars either, nothing), but the one to abort the
execution, making thus impossible to stop the acquisition or any other
operation.
It seems like the operation of collecting data is so "CPU consuming"
that LABVIEW can't "listen" to any input.

The LABVIEW version I am using is the 8.5.1.

I hope somebody can help me solving this problem.

Thanks a lot,
Gianluca
From: Gianluca Coviello on
Solved.

The while loop was inside an event structure and the event was set so
to lock the front panel before the end of the execution.

Gianluca

On 22 sep, 10:07, Gianluca Coviello <coviello...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I have a problem with a while loop, which I don't manage to stop as it
> takes control of everything.
>
> So, the problem is the following.
> I wrote a vi to control an Optical Spectrum Analyzer and I need it to
> scan a trace every Ta seconds. The scan must start when the user
> presses the button "Start datalogging!" and must stop when the user
> presses the button "Stop datalogging!" (this button is configured as
> "swith after pression").
> The problem is, anyway, that after starting the datalogging operation,
> the user interface becomes kinda inaccessible, the mouse pointer
> assumes the "hand format" and you can't push any button (actually you
> can't move the scroll bars either, nothing), but the one to abort the
> execution, making thus impossible to stop the acquisition or any other
> operation.
> It seems like the operation of collecting data is so "CPU consuming"
> that LABVIEW can't "listen" to any input.
>
> The LABVIEW version I am using is the 8.5.1.
>
> I hope somebody can help me solving this problem.
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Gianluca

Pages: 1
Prev: Keithley 2700 driver bug?