From: Dave Cohen on
Jeff Jones wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 13:45:33 +0200, Ofnuts <o.f.n.u.t.s(a)la.poste.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On 04/08/2010 13:25, Jeff Jones wrote:

>>> I never thought Ansel Adams was that much of a photographer to begin with.
>> Your recent shots of Mount Rainier waterfalls indeed demonstrate that
>> you have a very different understanding of what makes a good picture.
>
> And you have a very different understanding of what the words "I *NEVER*
> post any marketable shots to the net" means. I learned my lesson long ago
> when even 240x180 pixel images of mine can be stolen for printed
> publications. You stupid fuckwad.
>
> [Aside: Good thing I learned that lesson too, because just last evening I
> found another one of those rarest-insects-on-earth (the subject of the
> original 240x180 images of mine that were stolen). An insect that hasn't
> been seen alive since 1908 and the only two known specimens in a NY museum
> were lost to storage conditions and time, back in the 1940's. This one was
> slowly dying on my porch, having been attacked by a spider. So I took many
> more photographs of it (after freeing it from the spider) before it died.
> This particular genus of insects, /Otiocerus/, have a unique antenna
> structure that doesn't survive any preservation process. Its full structure
> only visible on live or recently deceased specimens. After it finally
> expired from the spider venom I preserved it in a small jar with label for
> concrete proof that they still exist, and exist on my land. Had I not
> learned that lesson that even a 240x180 image can be stolen for
> publications, you would all be seeing a high-resolution image of one of the
> rarest insects on earth. Now you won't even get to see a 24x18 pixel one. A
> good lesson for all.]
>
> Show us some images of yours from the latest and greatest full-frame or
> medium-format camera that can beat a 1 megapixel Adams photo. We'll all
> wait while you to prepare one of YOUR photos for uploading. Oh hell, just
> upload any photo of YOURS at all. Because we already know that you don't
> even own one camera.
>
> YOU FUCKINGLY USELESS, BLATANTLY TRANSPARENT, CHILDISHLY MANIPULATIVE,
> OFF-TOPIC, THREAD-HIJACKING, PRETEND-PHOTOGRAPHER TROLL.

Again you post twice. Is this because you don't know how to post or are
you anxious we not miss one word of your rant.
From: Scotius on
On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 05:16:56 -0500, Jeff Jones
<jj197109671(a)mailinator.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 12:09:06 +0200, Ofnuts <o.f.n.u.t.s(a)la.poste.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On 04/08/2010 12:00, Jeff Jones wrote:
>>
>>> And none of what concerns you matters in the least. If there is worthwhile
>>> content then even a 1 megapixel image could be blown up to the size of a
>>> wall (with proper upsampling) and it would still be admired and
>>> appreciated.
>>
>>> A cellphone camera can create just as much of a photographic masterpiece as
>>> any Hasselblad on the planet. It just all depends on who is holding it.
>>
>>Somebody to give a Nokia to Ansel Adams (or his successor)!
>
>Since you can't comprehend that, how about if we put you and Shakespeare
>sitting next to each other. Him on a 1976 word-processor (him having been
>previously brought up to speed on how to use one), and you on the latest
>gaming machine with a terabyte of RAM in it. On the count of three, both
>start writing. See who creates the greatest and most memorable prose after
>one month.
>
>You fuckingly useless IDIOT TROLL.

I know what you mean, although you're being a bit harsh about
it.

I had a Cybershot point and shoot before the Nikon D3000 I
just got, and I took a lot of very good shots with it.

I'm just not quite accustomed to the 3000 yet, but once I am
moreso I'm sure my images will be much better. I seem to have gotten a
bit distracted with the greater amount of choices available with it,
and so far most of my better images were with the P & S.

I am confident though that once I'm more up to speed on the
Nikon it will produce even better images, all things about me being
equal.