From: jm7 on
Is there a way to find out the LOCAL IP address (10.1.x.x or 192.168.0.x) of
the other computers connected to your LAN?

That is without having to go to the various machines and checking their
individual IP addresses.

From: Anteaus on
There are various utilities which will portscan the local subnet, but of
course these cannot identify computers which are turned-off at the time.

http://download.cnet.com/WS-Ping-ProPack/3000-2648_4-10012207.html

If you use a server, there are various ways to record the IP of computers
which connect to it, as the connections are made. This is more effective than
the above, but may still miss a few if they never log-on during the
monitoring period.

Basically this is why you should either use DHCP, or else be thorough about
ensuring that all IP allocations are documented. Once you have undocumented
allocations you have a management problem!

From: Anteaus on
Forget the link in my previous post, that utility is no longer free.

http://nirsoft.net/utils/netresview.html

Would seem to be a better tool, and is free.

From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
Maybe this can Help, http://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

From: jm7 on
Thanks Jack, That's exactly what I wanted.