From: Van Chocstraw on
John Hasler wrote:
> Darklight writes:
>> question was you belkin router for cable or phone line. If i am
>> correct the cable router is different from a phone line router.
>
> You confound "router" and "modem". Many modems incorporate (buggy,
> inferior) routers but they are two different things.

A cable modem is not a phone modem.
From: John Hasler on

Van Chocstraw writes:
> A cable modem is not a phone modem.

Nor is it a DSL modem or a radio modem. So what?
--
John Hasler
jhasler(a)newsguy.com
From: Van Chocstraw on
John Hasler wrote:
> Darklight writes:
>> question was you belkin router for cable or phone line. If i am
>> correct the cable router is different from a phone line router.
>
> I wrote:
>> You confound "router" and "modem". Many modems incorporate (buggy,
>> inferior) routers but they are two different things.
>
> Van Chocstraw writes:
>> A cable modem is not a phone modem.
>
> Nor is it a DSL modem or a radio modem. So what?

I reset the pig to factory defaults and turned off the wireless
transmitter. Works ok now. The wireless pig never worked anyway.
Couldn't get my laptop to even see a fracking signal. Don't buy a
Netgear Wireless N 300 WNC2000. At least I could connect wirelessly to
my old Belkin with only WEP security.
From: Dan C on
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:09:14 -0500, Van Chocstraw wrote:

> John Hasler wrote:
>> Darklight writes:
>>> question was you belkin router for cable or phone line. If i am
>>> correct the cable router is different from a phone line router.
>>
>> I wrote:
>>> You confound "router" and "modem". Many modems incorporate (buggy,
>>> inferior) routers but they are two different things.
>>
>> Van Chocstraw writes:
>>> A cable modem is not a phone modem.
>>
>> Nor is it a DSL modem or a radio modem. So what?
>
> I reset the pig to factory defaults and turned off the wireless
> transmitter. Works ok now. The wireless pig never worked anyway.
> Couldn't get my laptop to even see a fracking signal. Don't buy a
> Netgear Wireless N 300 WNC2000. At least I could connect wirelessly to
> my old Belkin with only WEP security.

PEBKAC.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he garotted another passing Liberal.