From: Van Chocstraw on
I got rid of my old Belkin router because it was slowing down my
downloads. Now my new Wireless N router is doing the same thing.
Throttles everything down to 150 to 200kbps. If I go directly into the
cable modem it's fine, 700-900kpbs. Why do routers keep slowing my
downloads down??
From: John Hasler on
Scrounge an old obsolete pc, install a couple of cheap NICs and Debian,
configure it as a router, and be happy.
--
John Hasler
jhasler(a)newsguy.com
From: Darklight on
Van Chocstraw wrote:

> I got rid of my old Belkin router because it was slowing down my
> downloads. Now my new Wireless N router is doing the same thing.
> Throttles everything down to 150 to 200kbps. If I go directly into the
> cable modem it's fine, 700-900kpbs. Why do routers keep slowing my
> downloads down??

question was you belkin router for cable or phone line. If i am correct
the cable router is different from a phone line router.

Is your cable fibre optic.
From: Van Chocstraw on
Darklight wrote:
> Van Chocstraw wrote:
>
>> I got rid of my old Belkin router because it was slowing down my
>> downloads. Now my new Wireless N router is doing the same thing.
>> Throttles everything down to 150 to 200kbps. If I go directly into the
>> cable modem it's fine, 700-900kpbs. Why do routers keep slowing my
>> downloads down??
>
> question was you belkin router for cable or phone line. If i am correct
> the cable router is different from a phone line router.
>
> Is your cable fibre optic.

Both are cable routers used in the wired mode.
Cable is not fibre on my end, don't know about their TM network.
From: John Hasler on
Darklight writes:
> question was you belkin router for cable or phone line. If i am
> correct the cable router is different from a phone line router.

You confound "router" and "modem". Many modems incorporate (buggy,
inferior) routers but they are two different things.
--
John Hasler
jhasler(a)newsguy.com