From: james on
SDxx card have equaled or bettered CF card. Is there a good reason why high
end DSLRs still use CF cards? This actually seems like a turn-off, not a
feature.

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-07-04 01:10:42 -0700, "james" <nospam(a)nospam.com> said:

> SDxx card have equaled or bettered CF card. Is there a good reason why
> high end DSLRs still use CF cards? This actually seems like a turn-off,
> not a feature.

Yup. They are a decent size for gorillas with fat fingers, like me.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: LOL! on
On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 01:24:11 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2010-07-04 01:10:42 -0700, "james" <nospam(a)nospam.com> said:
>
>> SDxx card have equaled or bettered CF card. Is there a good reason why
>> high end DSLRs still use CF cards? This actually seems like a turn-off,
>> not a feature.
>
>Yup. They are a decent size for gorillas with fat fingers, like me.

Now there's a compelling reason if I ever read one.

NOT.

From: Ofnuts on
On 04/07/2010 10:10, james wrote:
> SDxx card have equaled or bettered CF card. Is there a good reason why
> high end DSLRs still use CF cards? This actually seems like a turn-off,
> not a feature.

The CF card can still be a lot faster... (90Mbytes/sec for the latest
CF, vs 35Mbytes/sec for SD)

And since the CF card interface is a plain PC hard disk interface, you
can use a passive adapater to connect the card to the PC and use it
without the speed limitations of a USB or Firewire connection.

But it is otherwise true that this advantage is becoming less important
over time, and the SD card is climbing its way up the SLR family.

--
Bertrand
From: ray on
On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 01:10:42 -0700, james wrote:

> SDxx card have equaled or bettered CF card. Is there a good reason why
> high end DSLRs still use CF cards? This actually seems like a turn-off,
> not a feature.

I think one significant reason is that many purchasers are repeat buyers
- they already HAVE CF cards. IMHO - best route is to make a camera
capable of using CF and SD.