From: Joe788 on
Funny how the total bullshit posted in these newsgroup about once a
shop has a CADCAM system it's almost impossible to change doesn't play
out in the real world. Mastercam was completely dumped by one of the
leading shops in San Diego and who has replaced Mastercam with Open
Mind Hypermill.

Further, DP Technology Esprit is being added by many shops who are
sick of Mastercam not being able to get the job done.

When you've had enough bullshit, spin, etc. suggest you check out the
Jon Banquer blog and find out why Mastercam fails miserably at doing
practical / real world multiple part simulation. New screen shots
added this morning show how easy it is to setup a tombstone and solid
cut part verify multiple parts in DP Technology Esprit with none of
the limitations that Mastercam has:

http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/dp-technology-esprit-vs-mastercam-x4/

"Mastercam requires you to join all your individual .STL parts so they
make up one connected piece. Mastercam won’t simulate separate .STL
files all at once. DP Esprit has no such ridiculous limitation.
Simulating a tombstone with many different parts on it is easy in DP
Technology Esprit. It’s a exercise in frustration in Mastercam and
isn’t practical by any stretch of the imagination."

You can only find this kind of information on the Jon Banquer blog.
The Jon Banquer blog is the leading CAM-centric blog on the internet.

http://jonbanquer.wordpress.com/dp-technology-esprit-vs-mastercam-x4/

From: Joe788 on
On Dec 12, 10:14 am, Joe788 <larryro...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Funny how the total bullshit posted in these newsgroup about once a
> shop has a CADCAM system it's almost impossible to change doesn't play
> out in the real world. Mastercam was completely dumped by one of the
> leading shops in San Diego and who has replaced Mastercam with Open
> Mind Hypermill.

Like you have any idea who the "leading shops" are in San Diego. You
don't even work in a "shop". I know a "leading shop" that *was* using
Pro/NC, and just bought two seats of Mastercam Level 3 with lathe and
solids. Since I know one shop who just "dumped" Pro/NC, in Banquerland
that must mean "Pro/NC Is Now Being Dumped So Frequently."

BTW, I Love The Way You Hit The Shift Key At The Beginning Of Every
Word You Type.

> Further, DP Technology Esprit is being added by many shops who are
> sick of Mastercam not being able to get the job done.
>
> When you've had enough bullshit, spin, etc. suggest you check out the
> Jon Banquer blog and find out why Mastercam fails miserably at doing
> practical / real world multiple part simulation. New screen shots
> added this morning show how easy it is to setup a tombstone and solid
> cut part verify multiple parts in DP Technology Esprit with none of
> the limitations that Mastercam has:

HAHA!! Just what we need, information about programming for a
tombstone, from a person that works in a faux "shop" filled with worn
out, tool dropping 3 axis VMCs, and not a tombstone in sight.

Why the sudden Esprit Jihad, Jon? It seems to be getting out of hand
more quickly then usual. What about Synchronous Technology? What about
HSMWorks? What about Featurecam? What happened to all of your other
Jihads over the last year?

"Dear Mr. Carroll: I noted your recent post (below) and was
concerned that
your comment "or in the pay of at least one CAD/CAM company)" may
have been
an indication that you might think that Mr. Banquer is affiliated with
our
company. I want to make it clear to you that neither DP Technology
Corp
nor to our knowledge any person or organization affiliated with us is
affiliated in any way with Mr. Banquer, Whatever Mr. Banquer's
thoughts or
claims are or his sources of information are, they are his own
creation and
do not come from us.

Best Regards,
Bill Haas