From: Bill Garber on

"Spiro Trikaliotis" <usenet-200901(a)spiro.trikaliotis.net> wrote in
message news:slrnhr9tmv.e9n.usenet-200901(a)news.trikaliotis.net...
> Hello Robert,
>
> Robert Roland schrieb:
>
>> There is one project named XU1541. It has been abandoned,
>
> Who tells you it has been abandoned? Its sources have been
> fully integrated into OpenCBM, and I have been working on it
> with Till, the original developer of the hard- and software,
> and I have been working on it since Till abandoned it.
>
> Thus, it is not dead: http://www.trikaliotis.net/xu1541
>
> But in the long run, the XUM1541 might be a better alternative.
>
> Regards,
> Spiro.

Ok, so, is it open source, or not? That seems to be the question.

Bill

From: M.O.B. i L. on
Rudolf Harras wrote:
> For transfering things to a 1571 or C64 DTV etc. you always need the
> parallel printer port as well for making a connector for C64 joysticks.
>
> Problem is that many computers don't have a printer port nowadays and if
> they have they are not always compatible to the C64 cables.
>
> Why are there no USB adapters? Is it so much more difficult to create them?

There are USB to parallel printer port converters. Maybe they will work
with the parallel port devices. Anyone tried this?
From: Joe Forster/STA on
> There are USB to parallel printer port converters. Maybe they will work
> with the parallel port devices. Anyone tried this?

They don't work as they only support the standard communication
protocol of PC peripherals and do not allow arbitrary programming of
all parallel port lines.
From: Clocky on
M.O.B. i L. wrote:
> Rudolf Harras wrote:
>> For transfering things to a 1571 or C64 DTV etc. you always need the
>> parallel printer port as well for making a connector for C64
>> joysticks. Problem is that many computers don't have a printer port
>> nowadays
>> and if they have they are not always compatible to the C64 cables.
>>
>> Why are there no USB adapters? Is it so much more difficult to
>> create them?
>
> There are USB to parallel printer port converters. Maybe they will
> work with the parallel port devices. Anyone tried this?

They don't work. They are really only useful for using with old parallel
port printers .

From: Rudolf Harras on
Clocky schrieb:

>> There are USB to parallel printer port converters. Maybe they will
>> work with the parallel port devices. Anyone tried this?
>
>They don't work. They are really only useful for using with old parallel
>port printers .

Well I was also able to use them with a hardware dongle (for some
software).

But the next issue is that USB is easier to handly plus it is even
difficult to run DOS-Software on nowadays windows so I think that
Commodore tools should use USB and Windows software nowadays, but for
some reason it seems to be much more complicated to program something
like this.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: C64 Video Problem.