From: KMCCAU65 on
Issue summary:
Some editors in the same company [using same OS (Vista) and connected to
corporate network are unable to open same files as me.

We use .asp, .aspx and .cntxml (company custom built page) file extensions.
Looking at my associated file extensions I cannot find .cntxml even listed -
yet, I can open all the afore mentioned extension.

I don't recall ever having had to do anything special to view these pages
when I first started (3 years ago). And, when I had to re-load FP w/in the
last year I didn't have any issues. I simply navigate to the folder, rt.
click on the file, choose Open With | FrontPage 2003.

I've had a few new editors who have had to downloaded FrontPage2003 that are
unable to open files in FrontPage.

First error reported was they received an error "There was an error when
trying to fun Windows Shell Common DLL. The command:
C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll fialed.

I asked usre to remove the program and download again.

Next time they simply received a generic 'unable to open
\\pathnamehere\nameoffile.asp ...

Is the issue with FP or FP configuration (locally) ...

I'm stumped as to why some have issues and others don't.

From: Steve Easton on
Have the other people added the extensions to the list of editors
in the configure editors tab

Tools > Options > configure editors.

--

Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP Expression Web

From: Hot-text on
Tools > Options > configure editors. is 100% right in FrontPage editor

Then others do this
http://www.hot-text.ath.cx/pub/video/cam_studio20/file-types.swf.html out
side of the editor!

And you have to start over in the FrontPage editor to get it right << Hmm