From: jor on
I wanted to run a program before logon, so I try to program a service to run
a outside program.

When I run the program, osk.exe, it can be process before logon and I also
can find UI before logon.

But I can't see any UI before logon when I run any another program like
"calc.exe" or any program created by wizard.

UI will be showed after anyone logon.

Why?

Thanks.

From: Bruno van Dooren on
> I wanted to run a program before logon, so I try to program a service to run
> a outside program.
>
> When I run the program, osk.exe, it can be process before logon and I also
> can find UI before logon.
>
> But I can't see any UI before logon when I run any another program like
> "calc.exe" or any program created by wizard.
>
> UI will be showed after anyone logon.
>
> Why?

What is it you are trying to do exactly?
The whole point of logging in is to prevent unauthorized users from doing
things. showing a GUI before someone logged in means anyone can use it.

the fact that your GUI is hidden until the user log in is normal behavior,
since the Login desktop is different from the user desktop.

maybe OSK is an exception to this rule since it can be used to enable the
user to type in his credentials without having a physical keyboard attached.
It is made able to run on the login desktop.

If enabling an app to do this is something you can do for yourself I don't
know, but it is bad practise to do so IMO.

--

Kind regards,
Bruno.

From: na on

"jor" <jor(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> But I can't see any UI before logon when I run any another program like
> "calc.exe" or any program created by wizard.
>
> UI will be showed after anyone logon.
>
> Why?

You need to research gina.dll