From: J. Ole Kaven on
Hi everybody, thanks for the provided help so far. It seems to me that the possible remedies are: 1) add license.dat to network.lic in licenses folder; 2) rehash the toolboxes; 3) rename files; 4) reset PATH; 5) move directories.

Unfortunately, nothing has work to remedy this problem for me.
So far I have:
1) Added extra lines to license.dat in ~/$MATLAB/licenses/
2) used 'rehash toolbox'
3) renamed the file in question to something onvolving my name and birth date (highly doubt MATLAB is keeping files of me)
3) deleted and reset the PATH
4) Moved the directory '~/.../mlab' (personal matlab file directory under $HOME) to '~/.../mymatlab'

I stil get the same error, namely "% Has no license available".

Would it be possible for MATHWORKS to investigate this and give a more successful remedy? Seems like this thread has been going on for over 2 years adn people are still having problems...
In the meantime, I would greatly appreciate any help from the user community also!
From: Steven_Lord on

"J. Ole Kaven" <olekaven(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi everybody, thanks for the provided help so far. It seems to me that the
> possible remedies are: 1) add license.dat to network.lic in licenses
> folder; 2) rehash the toolboxes; 3) rename files; 4) reset PATH; 5) move
> directories.
> Unfortunately, nothing has work to remedy this problem for me. So far I
> have:
> 1) Added extra lines to license.dat in ~/$MATLAB/licenses/
> 2) used 'rehash toolbox'
> 3) renamed the file in question to something onvolving my name and birth
> date (highly doubt MATLAB is keeping files of me)
> 3) deleted and reset the PATH
> 4) Moved the directory '~/.../mlab' (personal matlab file directory under
> $HOME) to '~/.../mymatlab'
>
> I stil get the same error, namely "% Has no license available".
>
> Would it be possible for MATHWORKS to investigate this and give a more
> successful remedy? Seems like this thread has been going on for over 2
> years adn people are still having problems...
> In the meantime, I would greatly appreciate any help from the user
> community also!

Yes -- contact Technical Support and they will investigate what's causing
this problem with you.

--
Steve Lord
slord(a)mathworks.com