From: Alan on
Hello,

When our users try to open PDF attachments in a default E2K3 OWA
installation, they are prompted to save it before opening. Is there
any way to prevent that and allow them open it directly please? They
can do that with Word attachments, for example.

PDF isn't mentioned in the Level1 or Level2 lists. And what's annoying
is that if they right-click on the attachment, then one of the IE
options is "Open" anyway. Go figure.

Thanks,

- Alan.
From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
I believe that with Word documents they're saving the document but just
aren't being prompted for it. The document may be saved in the user's temp
directory or something, but Word works off a file. Exchange 2007 (and
later) supports "Web-Ready Document Viewing" where the document isn't saved
on the client machine at all and is rendered by Exchange in a web page, and
PDF files are included in the support. Here's more on this feature:
http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/03/23/437257.aspx
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..