From: TV Woman TV on
I delete names from the buffer by arrowing down and hitting delete. They
disaapear for the session, but when I start up my computer again they all
reappear. I recieve many one-time e-mails that I respond to. Those names
remain and the buffer fills. I cnnot permanently delete them
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"TV Woman" <TV Woman(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I delete names from the buffer by arrowing down and hitting delete. They
> disaapear for the session, but when I start up my computer again they all
> reappear. I recieve many one-time e-mails that I respond to. Those names
> remain and the buffer fills. I cnnot permanently delete them

This is a sign that the autocompletion cache is not being updated properly
when you close Outlook. Either Outlook isn't closing properly (you can check
the Processes tab in Task Manager for a lingering OUTLOOK.EXE process) or
there is a disconnect between the mail profile and the autocomletion cache.
If the problem is the former, look here for ideas on how to troubleshoot:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntclose.htm. If the problem is
the latter, assuming you're using Outlook 2007, 2003, or, if I recall, 2002,
then create a new mail profile, reconnect your existing data store to it, add
your accounts, and name the cache file (file type .NK2), to match the new
profile and see if that works. Alternatively, in the latter case, you can use
a tool like http://www.ingressor.com/desktop.htm to save the contents of the
existing NK2 file and add it to the new NK2 file that should get created with
the new profile the first time you send a message.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]