From: fitz on
Why do we have the principle of equivalence

or why is the gravitational force the same as an apparent
acceleration?

See: http://www.amperefitz.com/principle-of-equivalence.htm

Let me know what you think.

Th1nker(a)Indiainfo.com

From: BURT on
On Dec 17, 10:14 am, fitz <zeus...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Why do we have the principle of equivalence
>
> or why is the gravitational force the same as an apparent
> acceleration?
>
> See:http://www.amperefitz.com/principle-of-equivalence.htm
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Th1n...(a)Indiainfo.com

Einstein saw that gravity was identical to acceleration in that it
produced weight.
I have won the Nobel Prize for Unmoving acceleration by matter in
gravity.

Mitch Raemsch
From: xxein on
On Dec 17, 1:14 pm, fitz <zeus...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Why do we have the principle of equivalence
>
> or why is the gravitational force the same as an apparent
> acceleration?
>
> See:http://www.amperefitz.com/principle-of-equivalence.htm
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Th1n...(a)Indiainfo.com

xxein: "Now, you don't have to know the tensor math of GR but you do
have to know it works or you wouldn't even have GPS today." --- your
own statement.

You don't need tensors to create or do GPS. I have shown this several
times on these pages and acieved identical results: 10E-15. That is
1000x better in theory than GPS can actually produce though. There
are the perturbances that always come in to play.
From: Stamenin on
On Dec 17, 11:15 am, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 17, 10:14 am, fitz <zeus...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Why do we have the principle of equivalence
>
> > or why is the gravitational force the same as an apparent
> > acceleration?
>
> > See:http://www.amperefitz.com/principle-of-equivalence.htm
>
> > Let me know what you think.
>
> > Th1n...(a)Indiainfo.com
>
> Einstein saw that gravity was identical to acceleration in that it
> produced weight.
> I have won the Nobel Prize for Unmoving acceleration by matter in
> gravity.
>
> Mitch Raemsch

We have the priciple of the equivalence because Einstein was incapable
to see the difference between these two forces. He coud only enter in
a bus and see that forces how act differently but he didn't do that.
Stamenin.
From: Y.Porat on
On Dec 17, 8:59 pm, Sam Wormley <sworml...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/17/09 12:22 PM, fitz wrote:
>
> > Why do we have the principle of equivalence
>
>    Background:
>      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equivalence_principle
>      http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr162/lect/cosmology/equivalence.html
>
> General Relativity: the Principle of Equivalence
>
> One of the most important of these is the Principle of Equivalence, which can be used to
> derive important results without having to solve the full equations of General Relativity.
> There are several ways to formulate the Principle of Equivalence, but one of the simplest
> is Einstein's original insight: he suddenly realized, while sitting in his office in Bern,
> Switzerland, in 1907, that if he were to fall freely in a gravitational field (think of a
> sky diver before she opens her parachute, or an unfortunate elevator if its cable breaks),
> he would be unable to feel his own weight. Einstein later recounted that this realization
> was the "happiest moment in his life", for he understood that this idea was the key to how
> to extend the Special Theory of Relativity to include the effect of gravitation. We are
> used to seeing astrononauts in free fall as their spacecraft circles the Earth these days,
> but we should appreciate that in 1907 this was a rather remarkable insight.
>
> Importance of the Equivalence Principle
>
> An equivalent formulation of the Principle of Equivalence is that at any local (that is,
> sufficiently small) region in spacetime it is possible to formulate the equations
> governing physical laws such that the effect of gravitation can be neglected. This in turn
> means that the Special Theory of Relativity is valid for that particular situation, and
> this in turn allows a number of things to be deduced because the solution of the equations
> for the Special Theory of Relativity is beyond the scope of our course, but is not
> particularly difficult for those trained in the required mathematics.
> Consequences of the Principle of Equivalence
>
> For example, by considering the Principle of Equivalence applied to light travelling
> across a freely falling elevator, it is possible to conclude that light will follow a
> curved path in a gravitational field. See this discussion to understand how. Likewise, by
> considering light travelling upwards in an elevator in free fall, it is possible to
> conclude that light will be redshifted in a gravitational field.

light can be red shifted
(and curved!) in a gravitational field
BECAUSE IT HAS MASS !!

no need for the other (pompous ) mumbling !!

Y.P