From: marcos on
Hi!
I'm using GPSIntermediateDriver in mi C# application (.NET Compact Framework
v2.0, Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC , HTC P3300 device)
As the examples show, I'm using the PInvoke to use GPSOpenDevice,
GPSGetPosition and GPSCloseDevice. My app works fine, and in my device it's
easy to confirm that the GPS integrated hardware is in use when I call
GPSOpenDevice by stare at the flashing orange led.
But If I run other application that uses the GPS Intermediate Driver (other
app built by me sharing the same code to access to the GPS Intermediate
Driver) and one of them calls GPSCloseDevice the flashing orange led turns
off and the other application don't receive more data from GPSGetPosition
until it calls GpsCloseDevice and GpsOpenDevice again. I see the same
behavior if I use Tom Tom Navigator, both applications run ok concurrently,
but If I call GPSCloseDevice in my app or If I shutdown TomTom the result is
the same. I think it isn't the expected behavior, as I read in the
documentation, the GPS Intermediate Driver works doing reference count and
doesn't close the GPS hardware until every connection to the driver is closed.
Any suggestions?
Thank you very much in advance

From: John Spaith [MS] on
Apologies for delay on this. A similar issue has come up in "
GPS port reading problem" in this newsgroup, so let's continue the thread
there.

--
John Spaith
Senior Software Design Engineer

http://blogs.msdn.com/cenet/.

You assume all risk for your use. � 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.