From: athena on
i have a similar problem, sometimes it says i am sending more messages than
others but it doesnt correspond with the number of email accounts i have.
for instance, this morning i have no messages to send, but it says its
sending 4. i have 3 email accounts.
other times it adds just one mystery message.
did you find out how to correct this?

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"athena" <athena(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>i have a similar problem, sometimes it says i am sending more messages than
> others but it doesnt correspond with the number of email accounts i have.
> for instance, this morning i have no messages to send, but it says its
> sending 4. i have 3 email accounts.
> other times it adds just one mystery message.
> did you find out how to correct this?

Undeliverable read receipts, perhaps? See this:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]