From: Ashley on
Sometimes when I enter a formula into an Excel cell, the formula itself is
displayed in the cell instead of the formula result. However, when I open
Formula Wizard, the Wizard shows the correct formula result that should be
displayed in the cell. Why does this happen and how do I get it to stop
happening?
From: T. Valko on
It sounds like the cell is formatted as TEXT.

Change the cell format to General. Then, with the cell still selected hit
function key F2 then hit Enter.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: Dave Peterson on
Or you could be looking at formulas

In xl2003 menus:
tools|options|view tab|uncheck formulas

(It's under the Office Button|Excel options (somewhere) in xl2007.)

Or you can use:
ctrl-` (ctrl-backquote (the key to the left of the 1/! on my USA keyboard) to
toggle this setting in any version of excel.