From: Petter Gustad on
Hendrik <hendrik.eeckhaut(a)gmail.com> writes:

> You misunderstood. The only absolute path is in the user interface. If

That's my point. You have to change a path or do some operation.

> you move your project, you will also have to change parameters to
> point Emacs to the new location, be it a command line parameter.

I don't change any location or parameters in emacs. I just open the
source file and the build will be relative to the source file itself.
Most of the time I have multiple emacs windows open. I don't close
them ("uptime" for emacs is typically several months). To build on a
different machine I simply switch to the other emacs window and type
C-c C-k to build.

This is just a minor distraction of Eclipse. The most annoying part
for me is to dig out -O flags etc. far down in the hierarchy of
windows and dialog boxes. In my makefile based setup I know exactly
where to find them.

Petter
--
..sig removed by request.