From: Cindy Parker on
On one of my computers the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings

IS shown in WinExplorer whereas on another it is NOT.
The folder exists on both computers. I can verify it through cmdline command

dir /a

All settings in WinExplorer menu

Tools->Folder Options->View

are the same. Yes, "show hidden files and folders" is enabled.
Yes "Display content of system folders" is enabled.

But on one computer the folder does not appear in WinExplorer.

What is the reason?

Cindy

From: Ben Myers on
"Cindy Parker" <cypy(a)live.com> wrote in message news:4c2d91de$0$7659$9b4e6d93(a)newsspool1.arcor-online.net...
> On one of my computers the folder
> C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings
> IS shown in WinExplorer whereas on another it is NOT.
> The folder exists on both computers. I can verify it through cmdline command
> dir /a
> All settings in WinExplorer menu
> Tools->Folder Options->View
> are the same. Yes, "show hidden files and folders" is enabled.
> Yes "Display content of system folders" is enabled.
> But on one computer the folder does not appear in WinExplorer.
> What is the reason?

Click "Tools", "Folder Options", "View", select "Do not show hidden files
and folders", click "Apply", then select "Show hidden files and folders" and
click "OK". Also, "Local Settings" and "Application Data" are hidden by
default, so if both are missing on the computer in question, the hidden
attribute is almost certainly involved.

Ben

Pages: 1
Prev: Defrag Problem