From: Susan Sharm on
What is the "Smartsound Quicktracks plugin" & why does SpywareBlaster
now require it?

Lately, every time I try to update SpywareBlaster 3.4 on Windows XP I
get a very annoying demand to install the "Smartsound Quicktracks"
plugin. The installation of Smartsound Quicktracks fails every time so
I've learned by trial and error to cancel it, then when it asks again,
to cancel it again - and only after those two cancels can I update my
SpywareBlaster database.

Does anyone know why SpywareBlaster is asking for this "Smartsound
Quicktracks" plugin?

What is a "Smartsound Quicktracks" plugin anway?

Is it good or bad for our PC?

Thank you in advance for your advice,
Susan

From: CARP on
Susan Sharm <susanshaarm(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> What is the "Smartsound Quicktracks plugin" & why does SpywareBlaster
> now require it?

It doesn't. I have SPyware Blaster 3.4, and it doesn't ask for Smartsound
Quicktracks plugin. Smartsound Quicktracks plugin is for Premiere Pro.

From: Alias on
Susan Sharm wrote:
> What is the "Smartsound Quicktracks plugin" & why does SpywareBlaster
> now require it?
>
> Lately, every time I try to update SpywareBlaster 3.4 on Windows XP I
> get a very annoying demand to install the "Smartsound Quicktracks"
> plugin. The installation of Smartsound Quicktracks fails every time so
> I've learned by trial and error to cancel it, then when it asks again,
> to cancel it again - and only after those two cancels can I update my
> SpywareBlaster database.
>
> Does anyone know why SpywareBlaster is asking for this "Smartsound
> Quicktracks" plugin?
>
> What is a "Smartsound Quicktracks" plugin anway?
>
> Is it good or bad for our PC?
>
> Thank you in advance for your advice,
> Susan

I have the same version and it doesn't happen to me.

Alias
From: J-Walker on
I don't get any demands when I update SWB v3.4. You've got adware.

Solution: Clean out temporary files. Reboot.

In Options, configure CleanUp! in Custom CleanUp! mode to 'Empty
Recycle Bin', 'Scan local drves for temporary files', 'CleanUp! All
Users', and 'Fully Erase Files (Wipe Clean)'.

CleanUp!: http://home.comcast.net/~sgould4567/software/cleanup/

If that fails to work, delete Java applications and applets.

From: J-Walker on
If you have Premier Pro on your machine, as pointed out by CARP, then
it's default configured to check for updates/plugins.

Turning those option(s) off will fix the issue.