From: Toni on
Before I installed Windows Search on my Win XP Pro SP3 laptop (2GHz, 2G RAM, completely
virus & malware free)., I used the original Windows search (search companion).

When I clicked on Search companion, the search dialog immediately came up, and when I
searched for a file on my HD the search was fast.

Now, when I click on the link for Windows Search, there is a 4-second delay before the
dialog comes up. Next, after I enter my search term and start the search, there is a
noticeable delay before it even starts.

But if I click on the link for Windows Search Companion, the dialog comes up immediately
and the search seems a lot faster.

What gives? Why is Windows Search slower? I thought it was supposed to be faster?

Can I put in a button on the file explorer toolbar for the original Windows Search
Companion?

From: Terry R. on
On 2/25/2010 8:27 AM On a whim, Toni pounded out on the keyboard

> Before I installed Windows Search on my Win XP Pro SP3 laptop (2GHz, 2G RAM, completely
> virus& malware free)., I used the original Windows search (search companion).
>
> When I clicked on Search companion, the search dialog immediately came up, and when I
> searched for a file on my HD the search was fast.
>
> Now, when I click on the link for Windows Search, there is a 4-second delay before the
> dialog comes up. Next, after I enter my search term and start the search, there is a
> noticeable delay before it even starts.
>
> But if I click on the link for Windows Search Companion, the dialog comes up immediately
> and the search seems a lot faster.
>
> What gives? Why is Windows Search slower? I thought it was supposed to be faster?
>
> Can I put in a button on the file explorer toolbar for the original Windows Search
> Companion?

Hi Toni,

Windows Search (the installed one) is a pig. Uninstall it and disregard
the message about what was installed after it. Then you will have the
search component for XP. It's limited, but fine for most users.

Terry R.
From: Toni on
Thanks, Terry!

From: Toni on
"Terry R." wrote...
> Hi Toni,
>
> Windows Search (the installed one) is a pig. Uninstall it and disregard the message
> about what was installed after it. Then you will have the search component for XP.
> It's limited, but fine for most users.
>

> Terry R.

I uninstalled Windows Search. You're right, it was a pig.