From: Robert on
Hello, everybody

My monitor is now showing everything way too big. This happened right
after I pressed some wrong buttons on the monitor to turn it on while I was
re-connecting it to the computer.

The type, the graphics, everything is much larger. And much less of it
shows without scrolling the picture.

How can I fix this? What settings are involved? Is it in the monitor or
the computer? I have looked at the monitor's owner's manual and can't
figure it out.

I am using Windows XP Professional. The monitor is a Hanns G 19 inch wide
screen model.

Robert
From: Bruce Hagen on

"Robert" <projecttodayREEMOVVE(a)yahoo.comerizon.net> wrote in message
> Hello, everybody
>
> My monitor is now showing everything way too big. This happened right
> after I pressed some wrong buttons on the monitor to turn it on while I
> was
> re-connecting it to the computer.
>
> The type, the graphics, everything is much larger. And much less of it
> shows without scrolling the picture.
>
> How can I fix this? What settings are involved? Is it in the monitor or
> the computer? I have looked at the monitor's owner's manual and can't
> figure it out.
>
> I am using Windows XP Professional. The monitor is a Hanns G 19 inch wide
> screen model.
>
> Robert

Sounds like you changed the resolution. Check the manual for that setting.
If you can't change it via the monitor buttons: Control Panel | Display |
Settings Tab. Play with it there.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

From: Robert on
"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam(a)mymail.invalid> wrote in

> "Robert" <projecttodayREEMOVVE(a)yahoo.comerizon.net> wrote in message
Thanks. I was able to get it back (I think) with the computer. But
that's strange since I didn't change anything on the computer.

From: Bruce Hagen on
You're welcome. /Some/ monitors allow resolution changes with their buttons,
or from the computer. Some, like mine, can only be changed via the computer.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]