From: Robert on
I just switched from XP to XP Professional. What is the folder that stores
temporary internet files in XP Professional?

Rob
From: VanguardLH on
Robert wrote:

> I just switched from XP to XP Professional. What is the folder that stores
> temporary internet files in XP Professional?

The TIF folder is specified in IE's options.
From: Robert on
Okay, it's showing Documents and Setting/User/Local Settings/Temporary
Internet Files just like in XP. But when I go to Local Settings in
Explorer it's not there. I have folder options on Local Settings set to
show hidden folders.

From: Twayne on
In news:hd5vmt$a4l$1(a)news.albasani.net,
VanguardLH <V(a)nguard.LH> typed:
> Robert wrote:
>
>> I just switched from XP to XP Professional. What is the folder that
>> stores temporary internet files in XP Professional?
>
> The TIF folder is specified in IE's options.

No the default "tif" folder would be in My Pictures usally. The default
Internet Tem,porary Files are at:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
and
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files
and
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files
and
C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files
and
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files
and
under any other users that may have been created on the machine.

TIF stands for Tagged Image Format and is a type of image same as JPG, JPEG,
BMP, etc. are.

HTH,

Twayne`

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On 08 Nov 2009 07:12:48 GMT, Robert
<projecttodayREEMOVVE(a)yahoo.comerizon.net> wrote:

> I just switched from XP to XP Professional. What is the folder that stores
> temporary internet files in XP Professional?

See VanguardLH's answer, but let me add the following:

1. You switched from XP *Home* (there is no such thing as *plain* XP)
to XP Professional,

2. May I ask why you did this? Are you aware that XP Home and
Professional are identical except that Professional includes a few
features (mostly related to security and networking) missing from
Home? Most home users don't need and would never use these extra
features and will see no benefits by upgrading.

For details go to

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_home_pro.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/whichxp.asp>

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/choosing2.asp

Also note another point, not included in any of the above:
Professional allows ten concurrent network connections, and Home only
five.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup