From: VanguardLH on
Twayne wrote:

> VanguardLH typed:
>
>> Robert wrote:
>>
>>> I just switched from XP to XP Professional. What is the folder that
>>> stores temporary internet files in XP Professional?
>>
>> The TIF folder is specified in IE's options.
>
> No the default "tif" folder would be in My Pictures usally. The
> default Internet Tem,porary Files are at:

Oh, playing stupid again, huh? And with similar stupidity and
deliberate blindness in a response:

No, there is no "Internet Tem,porary Files" folder (unless you created
it yourself).

How many folders have you ever seen created by Microsoft's software that
included the comma character? Gee, it couldn't have been a typo, nah.

..tif *files* can be in ANY folder. They are hardly restricted to just
one folder or your short-list of folders below. Context is always
important. I never mentioned TIF *files*.

A *folder* is obviously never a .tif *file*. Duh! Reread the subject
header for this thread. Hmm, now where might I have gotten "TIF" from?
Nah, it couldn't have been from the OP's own subject, nuh uh.

http://www.acronymfinder.com/TIF.html
3rd entry down.
Context of the OP's post eliminates the 2nd entry.

I said TIF /*FOLDER*/, just like the OP did in his subject header.

> C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
> C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
> C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
> C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
> under any other users that may have been created on the machine.

The OP was only interested in where was *his* TIF folder. He doesn't
care about others that may exist that he doesn't use. He doesn't care
about your TIF folders. Just the FOLDER that *he* asked about.

Time for you to go get another cup of NON-decaf coffee, or perhaps
another slug on that can of Jolt soda.
From: VanguardLH on
Shenan Stanley wrote:

> Robert wrote:
>> I just switched from XP to XP Professional. What is the folder
>> that stores temporary internet files in XP Professional?
>
> VanguardLH wrote:
>> The TIF folder is specified in IE's options.
>
> Twayne wrote:
>> No the default "tif" folder would be in My Pictures usally. The
>> default Internet Tem,porary Files are at:
>> C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary
>> Internet Files
>> and
>> C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary
>> Internet Files
>> and
>> C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary
>> Internet Files
>> and
>> C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Local Settings\Temporary
>> Internet Files
>> and
>> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary
>> Internet Files
>> and
>> under any other users that may have been created on the machine.
>>
>> TIF stands for Tagged Image Format and is a type of image same as
>> JPG, JPEG, BMP, etc. are.
>
> Daave wrote:
>> You are ignoring the context on purpose. TIF can obviously mean
>> other things:
>>
>> http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Temporary+Internet+Files
>
> Twayne wrote:
>> No, I was commenting on the obvious context it was used in/about. lol, do
>> you mean to say you actually went and looked uip what other
>> things it could possibly stand for?! In the "context" it was an
>> improper reference that was incorrect; no big deal, but worth
>> mentioning IMO. In your case, you're just playing cactus.
>
> If the words, "Temporary Internet Folder", weren't in the subject line of
> every post/response - I would agree with your 'context' comment. Seeing as
> the words, "Temporary Internet Folder", is in the subject of each response
> and even in the *quoted* message body of the original posting, the 'context'
> was spelled out from the beginning. :-)
>
> Essentially - you walked into a room that had a big banner hanging saying,
> "Temporary Internet Files" and heard someone say the words out loud,
> "Temporary Internet Files" and someone respond with "TIF Folder" and you
> decided to make a joke/comment about the double-use of the final letter/word
> (TIF Folder, if expanded, would be (staying within the context of this
> conversation) Temporary Internet Folder Folder) ... At least that is what I
> can see. ;-)
>
> The context is correct - the usage is something I have seen in other things
> when acronyms start being used... Usually the repeat of the last word/words
> of the acronym because the person just doesn't think it 'sounds right' to
> just say the acronym - or it is not descriptive enough.

> [...]

Shenan, I think you're being baited by Twayne. He sometimes plays
tollishly stupid to engender this type of subthread. From this point,
I'll just respond to the OP who is the one asking for help.
From: Rich/rerat on
Robert,
Select My Computer> TOOLS> Folder Options> View tab> Clear box for, "Do Not
Show Hidden Files and Folders".
The Local Settings Folder should now be visible under Document and Settings
for each user.

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) <message rule>

"Robert" <projecttodayREEMOVVE(a)yahoo.comerizon.net> wrote in message
Okay, it's showing Documents and Setting/User/Local Settings/Temporary
Internet Files just like in XP. But when I go to Local Settings in
Explorer it's not there. I have folder options on Local Settings set to
show hidden folders.

From: Rich/rerat on
Robert,
It should have been:
****
1. Select My Computer> TOOLS> Folder Options> View tab> Select box to Show
Hidden Files and Folders".
2. The Local Settings Folder should now be visible under Document and
Settings
for each user.
****
Instead Of:

From: Twayne on
In news:%23uS%23roKYKHA.1268(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
Shenan Stanley <newshelper(a)gmail.com> typed:
> [...]
> subject of each response and even in the *quoted* message body of the
> original posting, the 'context' was spelled out from the beginning. :-)
> Essentially - you walked into a room that had a big banner hanging
> saying, "Temporary Internet Files" and heard someone say the words
> out loud, "Temporary Internet Files" and someone respond with "TIF
> Folder" and you decided to make a joke/comment about the double-use
> of the final letter/word (TIF Folder, if expanded, would be (staying
> within the context of this conversation) Temporary Internet Folder
> Folder) ... At least that is what I can see. ;-)
>
> The context is correct - the usage is something I have seen in other
> things when acronyms start being used... Usually the repeat of the
> last word/words of the acronym because the person just doesn't think
> it 'sounds right' to just say the acronym - or it is not descriptive

lol, You guys are the kings of ratioinalizers whether there's any use for it
or not. Saying something does not change the facts.