From: TE Cheah on
My Canon iP1880 can't print dark green, just pale green.
I'll put green ink into cartridge. Has any1 here done this ?

From: Lon on
TE Cheah wrote:
> My Canon iP1880 can't print dark green, just pale green.
> I'll put green ink into cartridge. Has any1 here done this ?

Your printer has a color map that adds other colors to give you a
specific green color.

If you put green ink into a yellow cartridge, you have no way of telling
your printer that you've done this. You will NOT get a green output.

Some printers do offer green ink, some offer blue, some offer red to
expand the gamut. All the ones I know of are photo grade printers with
extra colors.

From: Bast on

Joel wrote:
> "TE Cheah" <4ws(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> My Canon iP1880 can't print dark green, just pale green.
>> I'll put green ink into cartridge. Has any1 here done this ?
>
> Because the printer manufactures as well as artists have figured that
> they can't build a printer large enough to hold 256,000 ink cartridges,
<SNIPPED>

Judging by the trend to smaller and smaller capacity OEM ink cartidges (with
higher prices) almost every year.
I'd say soon the printer companies just may be able achieve that goal soon.

Of course each of the cartridges will cost $20.00 to replace, have special
chips that explode if you even think about trying to refill them, and if one
color is empty the whole printer locks up, until you replace the empty one.

But on the bright side you will get the whole printer new for $3.00.

From: Bast on

Joel wrote:
> "Bast" <fakename(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Joel wrote:

>>> Because the printer manufactures as well as artists have figured that
>>> they can't build a printer large enough to hold 256,000 ink
>>> cartridges,
>> <SNIPPED>
>>

>> Judging by the trend to smaller and smaller capacity OEM ink cartidges
>> (with higher prices) almost every year.
>> I'd say soon the printer companies just may be able achieve that goal
>> soon.
>>
>> Of course each of the cartridges will cost $20.00 to replace, have
>> special chips that explode if you even think about trying to refill
>> them, and if one color is empty the whole printer locks up, until you
>> replace the empty one.
>>
>> But on the bright side you will get the whole printer new for $3.00.
>
> It depends on what manufacture and model you have. There are refillable
> ink cartrigge with ARC (Auto Reset Chip) for many models, and there are
> remanufactured ink cartridge (refilled from original cartridges with
> chip reset).
>
> Refillable Ink Cartridges is around $20-120 for 6 cartridge set. The
> cartridge and chip are same but some company charge more/less.
>
> 6 ink bottles is around $20-80 depending on what company you buy the
> ink.
>
> Over a year ago, I paid $45 for both cartridges + Ink, and $20 for 6
> emptied catridges from different company. And I just ordered 6 bottles
> of ink for $19.xx

I dare you to tell me what printer manufacturer, offers O.E.M. refillable
cartidges

They all do their best to make sure any aftermarket ink can never work.
Many "new models" take about 6 months+ before you can get any aftermaket
ink supplies or the re-setters.

And WHY do we even need re-setters if the printer companies allowed us to
refill in the first place.

From: TE Cheah on
> Your printer has a color map that adds other colors to give you a specific
> green color.
Green is a pure colour, no other colour added can increase pale green
to darker green.

> If you put green ink into a yellow cartridge, you have no way of telling
> your printer that you've done this.
If a printout has too many green pixels, 1 can use software to reduce
image's green content, before printing.

> You will NOT get a green output.
I think I will, but may need to swap between 2 different cartridges ( 1
has yellow ink ) if reducing green content can't work well.